State Load Despatch Centre (SLDC) is the apex body constituted vide Section 31 of the Indian Electricity Act - 2003 (Central Act No. 36 of 2003) and complies with the directions stipulated in Section 33 to ensure integrated operation of the power system in the state of Meghalaya. SLDC, MePTCL is the strategic functional unit of Meghalaya Energy Corporation Limited for discharging various functions specified under Section 32 of the above Act.
- Every licensee, generating company, generating station, sub-station and any other person connected with the operation of the power system shall comply with the directions issued by the State Load Depatch Centre.
- SLDC implements the orders/directives from Central Electricity Authority (CEA/NERPC), NERLDC and other statutory bodies like CERC(Central Electricity Regulatory Commission) and The Meghalaya Electricity Regulatory Commission (MeSERC).
- The State Load Despatch Centre shall comply with the directions of the Regional Load Despatch Centre. (NERLDC)
- Penalty on Violation of Grid Discipline:- CERC imposed heavy Penalty on Overdrawal to enhance grid Performance -
- Forum of Load Despatchers : Forum of Load Despatchers (FOLD) is a forum of organizations carrying out System Control activities in India. It has been created on the basis of the decisions arrived in the Ninth meeting of Forum of Regulators (FOR) held at Bhubaneshwar on 14th and 15th November 2008. Inauguration of FOLD on 21st August 2009 at New Delhi by Honorable Union Minister of Power Shri Sushilkumar Shinde